Monday, March 7, 2011

Update from abroad: Italy impressions from Randy Flower and Paul Lindley


“Wow! I stood in front of Michelangelo's David for an hour. Seeing it in pictures is nothing like the visceral impact of the real thing. In addition to that statue, the museum boasts a good collection of religious paintings and a large number of plaster busts and sculptures. After walking around the city of Florence with a guide and visiting a leather shop and a jewelry shop, we had some free time to get a late lunch and wander for a while on our own. Then at 6:00PM, we sang for a mass at the cathedral of San Lorenzo, and then sang a concert at the parish church of Santa Maria Maggiore. Then it was back to the bus for the ride back to our hotel in Montecatini Terme and a good night's sleep.”
-Randy Flower

“I am having an awesome time in Italy! Last night [Sunday, March 6] I got to sing a solo in a square in Florence. It was incredible thinking that I will never have an opportunity like that ever again. Today I got to dip my toes in the Mediterranean Sea and eat legit Italian pizza. Wow. I really am enjoying myself and look forward to what the next few days hold.”
-Paul Lindley II

No comments:

Post a Comment